Following a night skincare routine after a long hectic day can be really tough! But, did you know that the largest organ of your body is skin? Therefore, it is really very important to make your skin top priority and not to ignore it. This routine can save your skin from various skin issues which can occur in the short as well as in the long term duration.
Sequence of products:
If you don’t use the products in the right order, you won’t receive the best results from your night skincare routine.
Step 1 : Remove makeup
Removing makeup before going to sleep at night is the most crucial and important step to be considered, if you want a healthy and a youthful skin. Large amount of damage can happen during the night if you leave your makeup on, such as:
- Age your skin rapidly
- Cause blemishes
- Increase the chances of getting redness, pimples, blackheads, etc.
Many people wonder, why to go through makeup removing process, when you can directly cleanse your face with facewash. But, we have to remember that to get totally rid of the day’s dirt, grime, oil and makeup, using a makeup remover is necessary before moving to the next step. Also, face wash does not help cleanse your full face makeup thoroughly. Therefore, it is necessary to use makeup remover before moving to the cleansing process.
You can also purchase a separate eye makeup remover as the skin around your eyes is very sensitive and thin.
How to use makeup remover?
- Soak a cotton pad with miscellar water.
- Gently wipe your eye makeup, as the skin around eye is very sensitive.
- And wipe the pad across your face and neck for all over makeup removal.
Step 2 : Cleansing your skin
Taking the time to thoroughly cleanse your face, will visibly make your face improve on daily basis. Daily facial cleansing in the morning and evening is important. Even if you haven’t applied makeup or haven’t gone outside your house, cleansing your face in the evening is important as your skin repairs and regenerates at night.
How to cleanse?
- Wash your hands first.
- Take a good quantity of cleansing milk (according to your skin type)in your hand.
- Apply it on your face and neck as well.
- Massage it slowly on your face for few minutes.
- Now, swipe your face with cotton.
Now, use a of foam cleanser (facewash). The first cleanser will remove dirt and oil and the second foam cleanser will go really deep into your skin pores and remove all the dirt left behind. The double cleanser method is only required at the night time.
Cleansing maintains the radiance of the skin, gives your brighter complexion leaving your face feeling smoother and softer.
Step 3 : Use the toner
Ingredients to look for?
While buying a toner, look for ingredients such as: tea tree oil, aloe vera, rose water, chamomile, Vitamin E.
Dry skin : Look out for ingredient named alpha hydroxy acid.
Acne prone/oily skin : Look out for a toner with a combination of glycolic and salicyclic acids.
Normal/combination skin : Look out for ingredients such as Vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, glycerin.
Some people also use rose water as a face toner, as rose water is known to have antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and hydrating effects which soothes your skin and thus, proves to be a great face toner. Therefore, people are using more rose water toners more often.
How to use toner?
- Dip a cotton pad in toner or use your fingertips.
- Now, apply it on your face and neck.
- Let it settle for a few seconds before moving towards next step.
Step 4 : Eye cream
The signs of aging is shown on the eye area first rather than forehead or cheeks. Also the continuous movement of muscles with facial expressions, the skin under eyes gets stretched and start showing fine lines and wrinkles much sooner than expected. So, the best decision would be to prevent future damage to your skin than to fix it later.
The skin around your eyes is the most thinnest, delicate and sensitive part of our face and tends to get easily dry which is more likely to show your age and fatigue.
Eye creams are specially prepared or formulated moisturizers which are meant to be used on the specific region of the skin. It should be used on a daily basis and included in your skincare routine.
Ingredients to look for:
How to use?
- Wash your hands first as it can contaminate the cream with germs.
- Take a pea sized eye cream in your fingertips.
- Apply it in small dots around your eye and smooth until it gets absorbed.
- Let it absorb for a few seconds before moving towards next step.
Step 5 : Treat your skin
Ingredients to look for?
How to use treatment cream?
- Tap a layer over your infected area.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Let it dry.
Step 6 : Moisturize your face
Benefits of moisturizing your skin are:
- Fights wrinkles
- Reduces appearance of blemishes
- Reduces the chances of other skin problems
- Hydrates your deeper layers of the skin
- Protects from inflammation and irritants
- Balances your skin’s natural oil production.
Ingredients to look for?
How to apply moisturizer?
- Pat the moisturizer into your face.
- Let it settle down for a few seconds.
Sensitive skin – Look for a fragrance free moisturizer specially prepared and formulated for sensitive skin, as fragrance can cause irritation to sensitive skin.
Dry skin– Look for a moisturizer that hydrates your skin.